Monday, 31 October 2016

Halloween Celebrations!

They're creepy and they're kooky,
Mysterious and spooky,
They're all together ooky,
Our Little Family.


 

Halloween is almost my joint second favourite holiday (apart from that big one in December, of course), so I like to make sure we make a big deal of it and make it fun for the kids. Long story short but the last two halloweens we haven't enjoyed as I would have liked to. Halloween 2014 I was preparing for my best friends funeral, and Tommys first surgery. Last year I was 9 months pregnant had almost lost the ability to walk (and smile, it seemed). So this year I really wanted to make a big deal about it and show the kids some of the Halloween Spirit they'd been missing out on! Annoyingly it falls on a Monday this week, so with school runs and business, we will only be able to manage Trick or Treatimg, so had to do our celebrations on the weekend, which the kids absolutely loved. Grace even saying "you're the most amazingly creative mummy I've ever seen" (thanks Pinterest), and it was the first one I've truly enjoyed for a couple of years.
On Saturday we all got dressed up and we took the kids to a Halloween party.
 
(L-R) Dracula, Devil witch, Me(!), Chuckie, a broken doll, and of course, our little pumpkin!


Sunday morning, we spent carving pumpkins for the pumpkin competition at our local pub. After some hard graft and the house stinking of pumpkin (not in a good way), we headed off to the pumpkin competition-where I won the adult category!!
 

 
My Winning Pumpkin!

We then came home and did some Halloween painting and drawings, whilst our spooky evening meal cooked. We even put a blanket down and ate in the living room whilst watching The Addams Family, and drunk blood (juice with food colouring).

 

 

 

 

 

We even decorated the house to get fully into the Halloween spirit-granted some of the decorations are up all year round!

 

 

 


And even the cat got in the spirit!
 


All in all it was a brilliant day for us all and we loved celebrating-it was over too fast! So that's it about Halloween from me and my little Pumpkins until next year.... Now can I say the C-word yet?! 🎄 🎁 

Lucy x

No comments:

Post a Comment